Thursday, April 21, 2011

Francis Harold And The Holograms-Hang The Goat




I can't believe I missed this but the last post was post number 77, PUNK. I should of just stopped right there. Anyways...The Holograms, another 7" from the self proclaimed kings of hardcore weirdness. Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the LP was their finest hour, not that the stuff before it was bad but it just seems(like most bands) that they were working towards something and then they reached the pinnacle with the LP. HANG THE GOAT isn't a terrible single but I know that this band has the chops to do better. The A-side is catchy but just seems to fall flat and when the b-side tries to come off unsettling it just seems like old tricks.

I haven't completely written Francis Harold off though, with so many releases out some shine less then others i suppose. This band probably has big plans for the future and there success will probably continue throughout their career.

Released by who else but Going Under Ground records. Multiple limited colors for all.

http://goingundergroundrex.blogspot.com/2011/03/almost.html

No comments:

Post a Comment