Friday, May 20, 2011

Hoax-s/t 7"




Hoax is a band I have heard a lot about the past few months, and despite everything I have heard about them I still never checked them out. I'm actually glad that I walked into this blind though, having no idea what this band sounded like made hearing them for the first time as intense as it should of been. When "Fagget" blasted into my headphones it was quite a surprise. Hoax isn't the typical hardcore band I was thinking they would be and these four tracks show just as much potential as the debut SLICES 7" did.

A very fierce debut 7" and excellent follow up to their demo. Hoax did this record right, each song different from the last but the record still works as a whole and has nods to hardcore greats as well as other influences.

A split release from Deranged Records and Katorga Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment