Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pigeon Religion-Crystallized Meth 7"





I was never a fan of this band, i heard about a minute of their record on parts unknown and then turned i it off when the vocals came in. I thought it was funny more than anything. I never planned on hearing them again, until my friend Branden gave me a free copy of Crystallized Meth. I only wanted one because he put it out. On the first listen it only made me think of how this whole sound was becoming saturated, everybody wanted to be slow and haunting and have 6 minute songs all of a sudden. I was not interested in what i was hearing at all. So now here i am giving it another listen writing this review and i think i have reached a conclusion. This single isnt all that bad and its probably the best material this band has put out.

I picture myself following this music down a dark tunnel but no matter how far or fast i travel its still very distant, the drums at times have a tribal like sound to them and i wonder if i even want to find the source of the noise. I turn back but quickly realize there is no way out and ill never reach the end. All in all this is just good dragging punk with a tortured sound to it. Since this review was probably a waste of your time here is a rating: 3/5 stars.

Video Disease Records may very well be on its way to legitimacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment