Monday, April 5, 2010

Slices-Cruising LP



After spinning this one twice at a friends house and a couple more times once i got my own copy I'm ready for the review. I'll start by saying this thing opens with a bang, the first song MEDUSA is a great example of what i think Slices does best just a very steady and very balls out hard rock song. After the second song the album seems to be on its way with no sign of stopping but then it stops.

There are three noise pieces on this album two are listed as tracks, the other i guess is just noise between songs. I felt like this long break after the second song just killed it for me and took me right out of the album. To me the sense that everything is going to explode is gone. Slices past records just felt like the tension was rising and was gonna give at any moment, I didn't feel that with this record. Don't get me wrong there are some fantastic songs on here and if you are a die hard fan this thing will probably be your jam for some time to come. The lyrics as always are very unique and interesting especially on the first and last songs.

Cruising was put out on Iron Lung records who are proving to be a true force to reckon with. I believe this is still available if not then check some distros,in fact Cowabunga has some copies avail be.

No comments:

Post a Comment