Thursday, July 28, 2011

Double Negative-Hardcore Confusion Vol. I




The first out of four 7"ers. HCC Vol. I shows more growth for Double Negative the band is ready to try new things and experiment with recording tricks. While the 2 songs on here don't venture too far away from the D/N sound, the changes the band has made are for the best.

WRITHE is hands down the best D/N songs I have heard to date, it has everything I like in modern hardcore. WRITHE is hard, heavy, layered and its with this song the band takes their sound to new places. The B-side is D/N at their most no nonsense, CUNNY HOP clocks in at just over a minute and really leaves you wanting more.

D/N have really stepped up their game and I'm sure this 7" will win over naysayers everywhere. Looking forward to the next three volumes in this very ambitious project.

http://sorrystaterecords.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment