Friday, July 15, 2011

Sleepies-S/T LP




After hearing one song online I bought this 12" off a friend of mine. Another release I just sorta walked into blindly, luckily for me Sleepies was a pleasant surprise. I expected something sort of hardcore and quirky, Sleepies is more the latter and it's a good thing.

It was a weird listen off the bat and I think its because most of the music I listen to comes from an angry place or a place with a lot of bottled up negativity, I just have come to expect that from most bands and well for the most part this is an up beat record. Sleepies sound to me like a mix of garage punk, with some noise rock influences and a quirky attitude. Some songs are heavy others are light ones that float along but all of them are melodic and catchy. The band is real good at keeping things energetic throughout the album and I can imagine their live shows being the same.

When I started listening to this my dog started chasing his tail, it was suiting to say the least. Released on Doom Song records. You can give Sleepies a listen on their band camp. Try it out.

http://thesearedoomsongs.blogspot.com/
http://sleepies.bandcamp.com/album/sleepies

No comments:

Post a Comment